Red chili powder, made from dried chili peppers, combined with tomato, onion, garlic and beans makes this chili a tasty soup ready for a cool night or any sporting event hang out.
Great for a cool night or tailgating at a gator game!
Write a review
- 1 pound ground meat (beef or turkey)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 large can (28oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16oz) red beans, undrained
- 1 can (16oz) garbanzo beans, undrained
- 16 oz filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- In a skillet, sauté the onion in the oil until softened, add garlic just to heat through
- Cook ground meat to the skillet until browned, season while cooking
- Drain any excessive oil
- In a stock pot combine the tomatoes, the beans, water and the chili powder
- Add cooked meat to the stock pot
- Heat thoroughly for 30 minutes
- This can be prepared ahead of time and put into a crock pot to simmer throughout the day.
Renee Matthews | Gluten Free Coach | Dietitian https://reneenutrition.com/