These directions will have you making scallops just as good as a fancy restaurant!
Perfectly Seared Scallops
Golden on the outside, sweet and tender on the inside. These instructions are your answer to perfect scallops.
Write a review
- 8 fresh or completely thawed scallops
- Kosher salt
- Ghee or other clarified butter
- The number one key trick is to pat the scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place 2 Tablespoons of Ghee in a pan
- Heat the pan to HOT, just to where the Ghee is about to smoke
- Place the scallops, flat side down in the pan
- DO NOT TOUCH the scallops for two minutes - time it with a clock
- Turn the scallops over after two minutes and cook for one minute longer
- Remove pan from the heat, place scallops on serving plate
- Serve immediately
- There is a very fine line between undercooked and overcooked scallops. These directions work better than any I have ever tried! Follow these instructions and you will have mouth watering, tender scallops.
Renee Matthews | Gluten Free Coach | Dietitian https://reneenutrition.com/