Nuts and Chocolate, oh yeah!!
Pistachio Choc Chip Muffins
Pistachio nuts and Chocolate Chips give these muffins a unique flair. I use shelled roasted nuts, which have salt, so I left the salt out of this recipe.
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (usually 4 good sized bananas)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 shakes of nutmeg
- 2 shakes of turmeric
- 1/2 cup chopped Pistachio
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease spray muffin tins or use liners
- Beat together oils & sugar; add eggs & vanilla in large bowl.
- Smash bananas until smooth then add to above mixture
- In separate bowl, blend flour and next four ingredients.
- Add chopped nuts & chocolate chips to flour mixture; stir
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mixture thoroughly
- Batter will be soft; spoon into pans
- Bake muffins for 25 – 30 minutes
Renee Matthews | Gluten Free Coach | Dietitian https://reneenutrition.com/