This is a great side dish for the fall. The roasted garlic and the toasted walnuts give it just the right pizzazz.
Roasted Toasted Brussel Sprouts
This is a great fall side dish loaded with dense nutrient qualities.
Write a review
- 1 pound fresh, clean, dry Brussel Sprouts
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 25 Whole Garlic cloves peeled and about the same size
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup raw Walnuts
- 1/2 fresh lemon for juice at the end of baking
- Preheat Oven at 350*
- Cut off the bottoms of the Brussel Sprouts and slice in half
- Toss Brussel Sprouts with the Oil and the salt
- Throw in the Garlic
- Put in baking dish with all Sprouts facing downward
- After baking for 15 minutes stir and turn as many Sprouts over as possible
- Add the Walnuts and bake another 15 minutes
- After removing from the oven, sprinkle with the half of lemon
- If the Walnuts are already toasted, just add the last five minutes.
Renee Matthews | Gluten Free Coach | Dietitian https://reneenutrition.com/