This vegetable side dish has a tempting flavor of ginger and honey with a turnip punch.
Who would think the words tempting and turnips could be in the same sentence! But that is just what this recipe is. These white wedges of turnip have a slight radish flavor and when combined with fresh ginger and honey - they are totally tempting!
Write a review
- 1 pound fresh turnips
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- salt & pepper
- Wash turnip blubs and trim away greens
- Peel turnip blubs with vegetable peeler
- Cut into wedges trying to make similar size pieces
- Cut and trim off outer layer of an inch cube of fresh ginger, then cut into thin match stick slices
- In a large bowl, toss the turnip and ginger with olives oil
- Place on a baking sheet in a single layer
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Drizzle with the honey
- Bake at 400* for 25 -30 min. turning every 10 min.
- Be sure to save the tops of the turnips to use for another vegetable side dish, turnip greens.
Renee Matthews | Gluten Free Coach | Dietitian https://reneenutrition.com/