Salmon patties are a good economical protein for any meal.
Patties of salmon make for great lunches, dinners or handy traveling snacks.
- 1 can (14 - 16 oz) premium canned salmon
- 1/2 cup onion minced fine
- 1/4 cup garlic minced fine
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs slightly beaten in a separate bowl
- 1/4 teaspoon dry dill weed
- OR 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill weed minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot shredded fine
- 2 cups soft Gluten Free bread crumbs
- 1 cup fine crushed Gluten Free crackers
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1 lime squeezed
- Oil for cooking
- Open can of salmon, place salmon in large bowl and reserve the liquid
- Use a fork and flake the salmon to break up the chucks, but don't mash
- Add to salmon bowl the onion, garlic, coconut milk and parsley
- Gently fold together
- Add the eggs, dill weed, pepper, salt, shredded carrot, bread or crackers crumbs
- Gently mix everything together
- Add lime juice
- Use reserved salmon liquid for additional moisture if needed.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of mixture into your hands and form patties, place on sheet pan
- Heat oil in skillet to medium high heat (the heat will decrease as you put the patties in the pan)
- Put patties in the pan and do not disturb for 4-5 minutes
- Flip and cook for another 3-4 mintues.
- Place on rack or paper towels to cool
- Use your blender or food processor to grind up the GF cracker or GF 1/2
Renee Matthews | Gluten Free Coach | Dietitian https://reneenutrition.com/