A family tradition maintained! Though the ingredients in these cookies have changed, the fun continues!
A family tradition maintained! Santa will love these cookies!
- 1/2 c coconut oil softened
- 1/2 c Vermont maple syrup
- 1/2 a vanilla bean pod (slice bean long-ways down the middle and scrape the fresh vanilla out with a knife)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp finely graded orange, lemon or grapefruit peel
- dash of salt
- 2 1/4 c GF Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
- Food coloring if desired
- Preheat oven 350*
- Using an electric mixer, mix coconut oil together until smooth and creamy
- Add maple syrup, vanilla bean, vanilla extract & salt; thoroughly combine
- Add in GF Flour and work into a dough using a large spoon. Do not over work. The dough will stick together nicely; if sticky add just a little more flour 1 Tbsp at a time, if too dry add 1 Tbsp of maple syrup.
- Work dough gently with hands to form two dough balls
- Roll dough on parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters
- Move cookies to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (decorate as desired)
- Bake for 7 minutes (the edges should be slightly golden; do not over bake)
- Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan
- Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour contains white rice flour, whole grain brown rice flour, potato starch, whole grain sweet white sorghum flour, tapioca flour and xanthan gum. If you use a GF Flour mixture that does not have xanthan gum or gaur gum, add 1/2 tsp of either to support the flour mixture.
Renee Matthews | Gluten Free Coach | Dietitian https://reneenutrition.com/